Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wernesgrüner Pils


Yep, first post in a while.
Yep, it's that beer from Aldi.
I like shopping at Aldi, as I like to get a good deal on stuff I buy to use day to day. I'll wait in line a few minutes longer if it means saving some cash. I've seen this beer there every time I go and I've meant to try it out for a while, so I finally picked up a sixer for $5.99. According to Wikipedia, it's brewed by the people who make Bitburger, a very popular German beer, which I've also never tried but plan to.
Okay, so it's cheap, it's got a cool name, is it any good?
It's not bad. Not great, but not bad. It's very bitter, so if you like bitter tasting pilsners you'd probably like this one. My girlfriend agrees with me that it tastes somewhat like PBR, and I'd put it in the same category as PBR for sure. Cheap beer, readily available, doesn't taste awful, 4.9% ABV. If I was reviewing this as a super great German pilsner I wouldn't think it was good at all. If I was reviewing it as a cheap, easy to drink beer then it gets a significantly better grade. German PBR, worth a try for $1 a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment