Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber


I haven't had any Blue Moon beer in a while, though I've thought for the most part it's pretty good, and they have a cool variety of seasonal beers that are interesting to try, my girlfriend's favorite being the agave nectar beer they put out in the summertime. This is a spring seasonal, and as promised in the name it contains a whole lotta orange peel with roasted malts and other delicious sounding stuff. I like the bottle design and the smell of this beer as I poured it was fantastic.
It tastes ok. There's definitely a strong citrus/orange taste which is not bad, but there's also not much else at all. It wasn't particularly refreshing or smooth, so I would give it an overall review of "not bad." My girlfriend liked this one a lot more than I did, maybe because it has kind of a sweet taste since I tend to prefer somewhat bitter tasting beer to sweet beer. Worth a try, I think this one tastes different to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment