Thursday, February 6, 2014

Beer Time: Warsteiner Dunkel


This is one of my favorite beers since I first drank it at a bar years ago. I haven't had a lot of different dunkels (dark, German style beer) but I've always liked dark beers and that got me to try this one. The flavor is kind of sweet at first immediately followed up by a somewhat bitter, coffee-caramel-almost cola-like taste. Personally I think it's great and I'd drink this sexy dark brew anytime. I was pleasantly surprised to see it for sale in bottles at my favorite beer store, where previously I'd only seen the regular Warsteiner beer for sale so it is out there, even in somewhat harder to navigate beer markets like Birmingham, which is, in its own right coming into its own recently.
Suffice to say that this a great dark beer and I drink it regularly. Damn, it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment