Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Schneider Weisse Tap 5 Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfenweisse


Let me start off this review by saying a couple things. I love wheat beers. I love strong tasting beers.
This particular beer is like a punch in the face followed by a tactical nuclear strike on your taste buds. This is a thick bodied beer that definitely lives up to its name, with a very hoppy, wheaty taste with some fruit flavors and almost like... bread? taste also.
Turns out this beer is a collaboration between the brewmasters of the Schneider Weissbier Brewery and the Brooklyn Brewery to create a pale wheat doppelbock ale. The result is an 8.2% ABV ale that drinks like a meal. I literally experienced this beer a part at a time, feeling the initial shock of the hops, then once I got used to that I was able to savor the fruits and breads, kind of like eating a box of muffins. This is a beer you definitely need to take your time and enjoy as it seems to get better with every taste. Honestly at first I thought this was just too strong tasting, but as it went on I liked it more and more. This beer is really something else and definitely worth a try.
And don't give me crap about my stove not being clean, I do a lot of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment